Make certain to sign up for the first of four sequential Bioscience Entrepreneurship Program spring mini-courses at the Bard Center. The program, directed by Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA, is offering first New Product Development and is instructed by the very talented Bill Dalke who formerly headed business development for COBE Cardiovascular. The focus of the New Product Development course is to teach methods and provide tools to facilitate the rapid and successful development of new products. Some of the syllabus highlights include:
- How to develop an economic model to assess product opportunities and leverage such a model to make decisions throughout the development process
- How to understand the customer and translate customer needs into necessary product specifications
- How to create a manageable and flexible development process which may be tailored to both large and small development programs
- How to distinguish between productive and non-productive variability and manage accordingly
- How to determine critical factors affecting medical product development and ensure their incorporation in the development process and plan
If you enjoyed this post get free email updates (here).