Monday, February 11, 2008

Plaxo vs. LinkedIn: Now What?


Those of you who know me recognize I am a bit of a web 2.0 junkie and can often find me at the Boulder/Denver New Tech Meet-up. This interest stems from a number of close friends who are ‘in the biz’. There is not a new site going live that I’ll turn down a beta invitation to.

My affinity for all social-networking platforms continues to grow though there are two sites in particular that have become much more ‘sticky’ relative to the remainder of the basket, that is LinkedIn and Plaxo. My account with LinkedIn has gotten out of hand with nearly 1,000 connections, I must admit, the vast majority of those folks who I have connected with, well I don’t know them from Adam (…um poor choice, I don’t know them). The LinkedIn connections are a fantastic resource to have and am certainly humbled by the number of people interested in connecting with me. But I am taking a different approach with the Plaxo account, that is connecting only with individuals I personally know. My apologies if I have offended you by not accepting your Plaxo invitation, kindly connect with me via LinkedIn.

I am very happy to report that the relatively new BIO Group on LinkedIn is approaching 2,000 members strong and is ranking among the largest Groups on LinkedIn! Amazing! If you wish to join simply shoot me an email arubenstein [at] rnaventures [dot] com and I will send you and invite. Thank you.

View Adam Rubenstein's profile on LinkedIn

***NOTE*** Read the new eBook CLSDF 2007 - What's In A Year? (HERE)!

If you enjoyed this post get free email or RSS updates (here).

No comments: