In recognition of October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month [C]LSDF is highlighting a few of the early-stage entities who are on the front-line in the battle against breast cancer that have been recently funded and are offering interesting scientific approaches in an effort to yield novel potential treatments, diagnostics and cures.
If you are interested in providing your individual support please visit the Susan G. Komen Search for the Cure™ info and donation page [HERE].
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals based in San Diego, CA, is a discovery-stage small molecule company focused on therapeutics for the treatment of hormone-resistant cancers, with an initial focus on prostate and breast cancer.
- Quantum Immunologics based in Tampa, FL is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on breast cancer.
- Alethia Biotherapeutics based in Montréal, Québec is a development-stage biotechnology company focused therapeutic monoclonal antibodies for the treatment and prevention of severe bone loss, ovarian cancer, and metastatic breast cancer.
- Micrima based in Bristol, England is an early-stage stage company focused on radio wave technology to improve detection of breast cancer.
- Cianna Medica based in Aliso Viejo, CA is a brachytherapy medical device company focused on women’s health and dedicated to the innovative treatment of early-stage breast.
- Sanarus Medical based in Pleasanton, CA provides minimally invasive products for the diagnosis and treatment of breast tumors.
- Sopherion Therapeutics based in Princeton, NJ is a late-stage oncology company with a potential first-line therapy in combination with cyclophosphamide for patients with metastatic breast cancer.